Key Factors for Retaining Employees:
• Provide growth opportunity: have goals and share them.
• Give feedback (positive and critical): be clear about expectations and achievements.
• Be aware that the manager wants to advance; as long as such growth can be achieved in the company, the environment will be stable.
• Don’t forget that a career path, even in a good company, is not everything; Americans are very sensitive when it comes to earning opportunities.
• If a similar position with higher compensation level is offered at another firm, you will most likely lose your employee.
• Don’t be shy about sharing your experience and questions with other professionals – most managers are more than willing to help with advice.
Ask professional recruiting firms, like JR Bechtle & Co., for recommendations and check with organizations like the International Chambers of Commerce.